Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"..you guys have dim knowledge on Code of Ethics as an Engineer"

Am I? MAYBE.


Do you? Answer it.


That is what the panel told us; we don’t know code of ethics as an engineer (err, actually we are not an engineer yet sir, not until 6th august) Well, for sure we have forgot it even though we have learned it (2 years ago) BECAUSE we did not practice it, YET.


The story is, me and my chemi-friends went to an interview today, so called accreditation interview representing alumni members. Our mission is to grab 3 years accreditation from the board of engineer for School of Chemical Engineering USM.


A day before:


The dean called us to tell that we are lucky to be chosen (not really chosen, and not really lucky).


Today, 9.30am:


Just both of them, 80 and 50. Look friendly, and proven friendly.


The great thing is that the panels are really good at ‘probing’ info. Yes, we know we are so HONEST after all, I am sure it would help them much.


Today, 10.30am:


I learned that sometime you must be a little ‘hypocrite’ to answer all the questions from the panel (thanks to Allah, with the help of my friends I could save the ‘secret’ from exploding). I am sure, 4 years experiences studying in School of Chemical Engineering, will gave you enough courage to blow everything you feel, everything you know, everything you experienced, BUT please DO that in the other suitable platform such as ALUMNI FORUM or in the DEAN’s ROOM okey.


Nothing much, I just want to remind (after me myself been waken up) all engineers and future engineers to not to forget these CODE OF ETHICS. Important: PLEASE DON’T BREACH THE CODES! so that no more breaking news on building collapsed in Terengganu and Ulu klang, and so on so on in BERITA HAIRAN and UTUSAN just because THEY (the engineers) and us (engineer in the making) forgot the code of ethics. Small matter but could bring big impacts to life. You know better. I am not an engineer, but a research engineer. Differenciate it.



Do you know what those THINGS are?